Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTiger View Post
200+ images for the 123,she gotta be something mate. I used to collect WW2 photos like this but not a specific vehicles.
The last image looks fantastic Steve. Do you know where she is when the photos was taken? Just out of curiousity, the quality is perfect, despite being in black and white, the picture can match the quality of those present ones. BTW I got mine from Osprey . How is your cat lately?

NO, NO!!
Not 200 photos of #123, 200+ photos of Tiger Is
Joe there are lots of early and late Tigers on wiki about 6 or 7 are of #123.
Some are of the Tiger Markus is building and some are of the type Ebbe is doing . I've seen almost all the photos before and I know that there are a lot of others that have not been added to wiki, I wonder if the BA is letting those that have a high hit count out due to their popularity?
The photos I have up at the start of my blog are of #123 at the time of Kursk. It was a time both sides used to accumulated stocks of equipment for the up-coming s**t storm. The sPzAbt.503 was heavily photographed at that time and there are lots of photos of the 1st and 3rd companies [not much to be seen of the 2nd] as they prepped for things to come [sorry about da dribble Joe].

regards Steve

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Oh misunderstanding . Thanks for the info Steve. To be honest, I learn more and more everyday and maybe some day I'll start building my first cat.
Have a nice warm day Steve
Joe
(BTW, I watched the trailer of District 9. Pretty... cool aliens mate. I'll check the whole movie out when they have it here.)
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 AM
vBench

Anyone seen this Tiger pic before? New to me and a gem shot .
Things are at a holt on this kit for now but I hope to get back to it sooner rather than later .

Life's so very funny, you just need to remember to laugh [note to the clowns].

Why would the clowns not let people into the tent? What's the point of the show if they don't? .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
vBench

Nice picture you have there!

The Music
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
vBench

Damn, Coops! This is going to fall into the "a day late, a dollar short" category of replies.

I responded to a comment at Armorama about adding more rust to the track links mounted on the front of a Tiger I to make it blend in with the surrounding area.

I posted that it would be an interesting visual effect; but, it would be innaccurate. The reason being that the Germans used a steel alloy with a fairly high percentage of manganese to manufacture the tracks. The tracks would have a light yellow-brown tint, similar to a piece of cast stainless steel. It would only have a trace coating of oxidation if exposed to the elements. Additionally, there would be no rust on the tracks because any rust would be removed by the constant abrasive action of the soil, rocks, soldiers, etc. that the track links came in contact with. Look at the photo you posted.

You can shoot me at your convenience.
Reply With Quote top