Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
vBench

This looks like a good way to burn through the "parts" boxes...keep swinging at it..

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
I thought it was the photos that were blurry. However,with the Dragon parts next to them, it is obvious it is the soft detail on the kit parts that gave me that impression!

Dragon on the left, Trumpeter on the right:

Muzzle Brake was not too hard to clean up thanks to the large size:

The mantlet armor has some seams in difficult locations and missing weld beads (to be added):

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!

Last edited by sharkmouth; 09-12-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: photo order
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 AM
vBench

Nice progress. Good to see a OOTB build.

regards

Erik
Old 05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Hi Erik,

It will definitely not be out of the box as a lot of what is found within is not good. I will not buy any aftermarket items for this kit as the subject is not of great interest. However, it is a good kit to practice some old fashioned detailing as I used to do before when I had more time than money ;-)

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
,,, some old fashioned detailing as I used to do before when I had more time than money ;-)

Regards,
Yep!

Rick

Vbench
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2007, 04:32 PM
vBench

For the four hours I spent mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges and edges, I thought about this awful kit. Last night, I dry fit the transmission access cover on the glacis and somehow lost it. It was an awful fit so I planned on gluing, filling and rescribing. Then, I noticed that the access hatch could probably be swiped from the Dragon Pz IV E I am stripping for parts. Not so!

The smaller transmission used meant a small and centrally placed access hatch as properly done by Dragon. More work to do...Grrrrrr!

I looked at the tools and pulled out a Tamiya OEM fret (the kind sold separately). There, the front tow points are included but not the base. Wait a second! The Tamiya Pz IV Ausf H had two front and rear sections from which I can probably use pieces! This is a good thing as the work is starting to bog me down in details. Yet, that is the challenge for me...try to make this silk purse from the hog's ear I have been handed using nothing more than 'old school' modeling. Maybe even learn some new techniques while I brush up on old ones before they become too rusty. Enough talk... I need to get snapping! Hopefully, I will find that access plate.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 PM
vBench

Saul

That's rite, less talk more pics

Quote:
For the four hours I spent mowing the lawn and trimming the hedges and edges,
4 hours ! You must have quite a big patch of grass

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2007, 06:26 AM
vBench

I was feeling pretty good last night about all the progress I made on this build when Kazutaka-san posts this beauty from the same kit:
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3759

Well, after looking at his, then mine, I decided that if anyone wants to see what mine aspires to be, go there.

As we say in Brooklyn;
HE KICKED MY ASS!!!!!

I know when I'm beat, or when to stop beating a dead horse...

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2007, 06:44 AM
vBench

Saul

Show us the work you put into your Dicker Max It's not a competition and I always enjoy watching the build process. And I really want to see you finish the Dicker Max.

So please share your photos

Lawrence

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2007, 07:22 AM
vBench

Hi Lawrence,

I did not say I would not post photos (still working on them) but I need to learn when to draw the line.

I did some other work that Kazutaka-san did not like replacing the rear idler mounts which, for some reason, are not correctly sized. Since my Karl Munitionschlepper will receive Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf D hull (from their initial release), I can use the correctly sized ones from that kit.

Yet, Kazutaka's work is incredible for such a mediocre kit. He is an artist and inspirational (which means I am continuing).

Here is a photo which, when compared to the photo in Panzer Tracts, you can appreciate how much work is needed to get this thing corrected:

After all this work, I am not melting the kit although my liquid sprue stock is low...

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift

Last edited by sharkmouth; 09-12-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added photo
Reply With Quote top