Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Community > Your important news and kit reviews.

Your important news and kit reviews. Share & Promote ARMOR and other model news. All Kit reviews are welcome here.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
vBench

Post NEW Trumpeter Sfl IVa Dicker Max

Here are photos of Trumpeter's upcoming Sfl IVa Dicker Max. From what I heard it is based heavily on On Track Models resin kit.

Photos are from Trumpeter's website

Box

Instructions

Sprues and parts

Both vinyl and individual track links are included
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200732411138.jpg
Views:	2023
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1012  

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
vBench

Photos of the built up kit

Adrian Cronauer [imitating Walter Cronkite]: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, what it is, what it shall be, what it was. The weather out there today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM
vBench

can't wait to have this baby in my hands

note to myself: stop drooling!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
vBench

Looks great, but after the experience with the Sturer Emil I think I will choose Dragon's Dickermax in the place of this one if I have to... Trumpeter make unusual subjects (have you seen the Grille II?), but the plastic has a lot of flashes and needs a lot of cleanup. I don't want to make any comment about their vynil tracks because it would make me appear unpolite!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 AM
vBench

Looks like Trumpeter is going down the same road as Cyber Hobby. They have an update set for the Dicker Max

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2007, 01:54 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by james84 View Post
*snip* but the plastic has a lot of flashes and needs a lot of cleanup.
i didn't experience that on my emil - i have built one and still one in the row and on both i didn't notice major flashes ... maybe you got a 'bad day's model'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james84 View Post
I don't want to make any comment about their vynil tracks because it would make me appear unpolite!
the emil has vinyl tracks included yes but they are very well detailed and don't forget that the emil is priced at 10-15 only ... have a look at tamiya kits where they include vinyls also but for kits priced 30 ... in case of the max they at least give you the choice of individual links vs vinyls ... it bored me to hell to drill holes and use pieces of metal wire to achieve some track sag but for a very well detailed kit for so little money i was willing to do so without complaining ...

but with the max we have some else league as it will be priced around 30 (here i expect individual track links) - and what really bores me if not makes me angry is the disappointing fact of that upgrade&conversion set following DML/CH patterns ... now i am sitting in between of two chairs as i would like to go for trumpeter but with that kind of joke the dragon max seems to be a better value ...

i will wait for terry's reviews and have a decision then ... maybe i'll get one of each (the wehrmacht had two of them anyway and that would be the second opportunity to build all existing vehicles of a kind the wehrmacht had )

cheers
Old 04-07-2007, 01:56 AM
vBench

Talking

Oh this is good stuff. But I think I'll wait for comparement on the trumpeter and dragon at the PMMS. But Trumpeter has taken a giant leap forward in offering their own PE for this kit.

regards

Erik
Old 04-07-2007, 03:33 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreighshoer View Post
i didn't experience that on my emil - i have built one and still one in the row and on both i didn't notice major flashes ... maybe you got a 'bad day's model'?
Don't know... I got the Emil and the KV-1 together, and some of the smallest pieces had flashes... The Emil tracks are detailed, right, but also too tight, and the paint does not stick to them!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2007, 03:52 AM
vBench

Send a message via MSN to T140
Can't comment on their tanks as haven't built one yet, but as for clean up and pin marks their BR52 model is a pig. End result should still be good but there's far too much agro to prepair the parts.

I was toying with getting the On Track resin one, but the price is a killer. Will be interesting to see how this one builds for whoever ventures there first.

Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Another Modeler

Send a message via MSN to serpico Send a message via Yahoo to serpico
I have 3 Trumpeter kits and they look great to me, can't beat the price.

I would buy this kit since it's a rare vehicle...nice kit.

Paul
Reply With Quote top