Old 03-17-2004, 09:31 PM
vBench

Gordy- got a question about Milliput. I got some the other day to do some zimmerit- the stuff seems dried out- I have used it anyways but when I roll it out thin it cracks along the edges- should I have taken it back or is that the way it is sometimes? It was the yellowish standard type. Thanks

Click for ARMOUR WORKSHOP
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Founder

which part is dry? the yellow or the greenish?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:59 PM
vBench

I wonder why you ask which part is dry. Does one dry out usually more than another. Does it matter more if one or the other is a bit dry? Here is a pic- kind of looks like Mr. Hanky and a buddy.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Founder

Looks fine to me, I'd try mixing up a batch and see what it does.. I leave mine out and unsealed to let humidity soak in it a bit...

wouldn't hurt to have a try...

Quote:

(just trying to set the tone of the new DG- mmwaaahhahaha!)

It's not M:U:G here
Old 03-18-2004, 02:37 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally posted by gordy@Mar 18 2004, 12:23 AM
Looks fine to me, I'd try mixing up a batch and see what it does.. I leave mine out and unsealed to let humidity soak in it a bit...

wouldn't hurt to have a try...

It's not M:U:G here
I already used it... it seems to work alright .. I just wondered maybe it was an old batch. You really leave it out to get humidity?!

I don't know if I like the effect it seems kinda puffy in some places... any suggestions. I tried doing this way
http://firestorm1.topcities.com/how/zimmerit.htm
His stuff seems to be thinner than mine - but my stuff became unmanagable at a certain point, hard to roll out thinner. His stuff isn't cracked along the edges as well- is this a finer grade of Milliput?

You didn't like my Mr. Hanky??? Oh well I guess this won't be as fun as I thought it might be... I guess we can't swear either ...Oh well....

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Mar 18 2004, 01:37 AM
I already used it... it seems to work alright .. I just wondered maybe it was an old batch. You really leave it out to get humidity?!
yep, it makes it softer...

Quote:

I don't know if I like the effect it seems kinda puffy in some places... any suggestions. I tried doing this way
http://firestorm1.topcities.com/how/zimmerit.htm
His stuff seems to be thinner than mine - but my stuff became unmanagable at a certain point, hard to roll out thinner. His stuff isn't cracked along the edges as well- is this a finer grade of Milliput?
I used the nearly same method, except rolling the putty with some guides for precise uniformity: http://www.planetfigure.com/articles/rolling.php

Then I would wet the surface of the tank and lay the milliput on, pushing out any trapped bubbles.. I'd let it set for about fifteen minutes then with the zimmerit die press in the strokes, using water instead of talc as a resist on the die..

Quote:

You didn't like my Mr. Hanky??? Oh well I guess this won't be as fun as I thought it might be...
sure it will, maybe not for some

Quote:

I guess we can't swear either ...Oh well....
Rules and Guidelines