Go Back   planetArmor > planetArmor Features > Photos: In-progress Blogs

Photos: In-progress Blogs Post your in-progress photos in a blog-style topic!
Request vBench Photo Upload Access

Old 05-09-2009, 07:48 PM

A great beginning...
and SBS.
Once finished, can you see anything in the interior??
Regards
Old 05-11-2009, 03:29 PM
vBench

Hi again all,

just a small update. Have now applied the primer, so hopefully tomorrow I can start on the base coat.

Vincente, the only interior will be the casement, and that will be pretty bare, just showing the rear of the gun (i.e. Breech, 'scope, etc)

Thanks for looking

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 PM

Hi Darrin

Nice build. Are you using the Games Workshop Chaos Black Rattle Can Primer here on this ? Looks a nice thin, even coating, with no covering over/masking of the fine detail.

What's happening on the Cromwell and Churchill front ?

Alan
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
vBench

Hi Alan,

Yep, I'm using the Games Workshop spray (wouldn't leave home without it )

The Churchill & Cromwell are sorta sidelined at the moment, but there will be updates to them soon

Thanks for looking

Darrin
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 AM

Hey Darrin, this is a really cool and unique build you've got going. I usually use Tamiya's primer gray for priming and after that I generally apply a coat of black Tamiya paint. Would you say that the Games Workshop primer is equal or even better than the Tamiya one in terms of atomization? It would save me the time wasted painting the model black with my AB.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
vBench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38(t) View Post
Hey Darrin, this is a really cool and unique build you've got going. I usually use Tamiya's primer gray for priming and after that I generally apply a coat of black Tamiya paint. Would you say that the Games Workshop primer is equal or even better than the Tamiya one in terms of atomization? It would save me the time wasted painting the model black with my AB.
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the comment

I find the Games Workshop spray fantastic Covers plastic, metal & resin no problem! Fine spray, so no immediate build up of paint. 2 or 3 coats usualy does the job for me

Darrin
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 AM

Thanks for your feedback Darrin, judging from your photos it's definitely worth trying out. I guess I'll order some in the near future, it's even cheaper than the Tamiya spray.

Great model, can't wait for more progress!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
vBench

Hi all, back again

Have made some advancement, so, Okee Dokee (I always feel like Hannibal Lecter when I say that ), here we go...

Have applied an interior colour for some contrast once the model is finally assembled. Instructions say 'white', but I'm using artistic licence with some German Interior Cream. TBH, once assembled there will not be a lot of interior detail to see...

You may note I've had to do some rework on the front fender in this pic

This is the colour I used. Its the Hannants Acrylic version of their Enamel range (I didn't want the overly long enamel drying time (yes, i'm impatient ))
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
vBench

Masking tape applied, and the base colour 'Karekusa-iro (Parched Grass)' applied...

I have started on the bare metal aspect of the breech here, and I'm not overly happy with it. Do you think its too shiny??

Now onto the second colour of the three-tone camouflage, Kusa-Iro (Grass Green). Firstly, Blue-Tac and masking tape applied...

And after removing masking...

Well, thats where I am at the moment. I'll let this dry over a couple of days before moving onto the final main colour.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticism's are always welcome

Thanks for looking,

Darrin
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
vBench

nice job!!!!
Reply With Quote top