View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Brokeneagle

Stug 3 G wreck on a flatcar

Hello PA,
this is my latest infatuation since my Ersatz M10 and my doomed Pz4H (which will now probably become a wreck in this same dio). This particular vehicle will be one of many that will be on a train being pulled by my BR 52. Anyway, back to this particular subject. I was inspired by Panzerwrecks 6 which had a number of photos from 1945 of a railyard with wrecks on route that never made their destination.
PANZERWRECKS 6

This particular photo inspired me. I will not be trying to rcreate this vehicl however as my driver was the new EarlyStug 3 G kit. I wish to modify this to simulate a retrofitted wreck recovered in late 1944 for repair. I plan to make the most of the Dragon kits character and extra detail such as the front drive hosing mount plate. Detailed for leaving off the front wheels.
PANZERWRECKS 6

I have made a number of changes that I will show you as a starting point.
1.Engine bay from Calibre 35 - the Tamiya update I got from a freind did not have the engine bay.
2.Tyre delamination
3.Missing front bolts armour bolts
4.Modified drive wheel - removed sprocket ring and drilled out the bolts and nuts.
5.Bullet splash on front plate
6. front drive hosing plate drilled out and accentuated with some drilling in the screw holes.

Last edited by brokeneagle; 06-08-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote top