View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Panzer IV Ausf. H Early - 4th Panzer Div.

Hi guys, I have finally gotten settled in my new Nashville home and things are starting to get back to some sense of normalcy so I thought I'd post a new project I'm getting ready to start. The Marder is still around, just wanted to start a second project to break things up a bit. Let me start by saying this is not the smartest or most economic approach to model building but I have had it in my mind to build this for a while and I finally gave in after picking up the Armor at War Series 4.Panzer-Division on the Eastern Front 1944 which has all the pics of 4th PzD IV H's with ostketten tracks and shurtzen with the zig zag zimmerit patterns. Picked up Tom Cockle's book since he builds one of these in it and emailed back and forth with the man himself to discuss how best to tackle this. The result...... The Dragon Panzer IV G Kharkov kit will be used for the main hull parts with the late H kit for the turret and various other parts will be contributed from each kit to bring the two together for one accurate early H. I'll document the various parts used from each as best I can as I go along. Feel free to contribute your Mark IV knowledge as well, this is one that I could probably use some technical input on. Other additions will be the Griffin Model update set (excited to try this out as it's rediculously extensive and contains around 8 frets of pe), barrel, early shurtzen set, Orange Hobby filtering system, Aber tow cables and Friul tracks. Again, this is probably not the smartest build but I just couldn't resist so you can thank me later when the Early H is released. Havn't really started yet but when I do I'll get an update up for you guys. Nice to be back in the swing of things.......
Attached Images

Last edited by chadperkins; 11-15-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Users like chadperkins's post!