View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
vBench

Send a message via AIM to chadperkins
Thanks to Sam's nice pics I've added some things to dress it up a bit. The transmission was pretty good out of the box as I said but after seeing the pics, the gear lever was way too small (almost nonexistent) so I fashioned a larger one with the end of a tamiya shovel handle I had laying around with the ball on the end. The fluid fill box (or whatever is is) on the opposite side at the back was completely missing so I thought I'd add this detail as it is visible through the hatch. The only other addition was the cable around the bell housing at the rear of the transmission. This is obviously oversized but I couldn't resist the look. That's the smallest wire I have wrapped around a guitar string so it's as small as I can get it and I like it. It doesn't go anywhere but the end cannot be seen through the hatch.

After that, I used Sam's pic of the pedals to throw somthing together and here's what I came up with.

Also added the mounts for the driver's cushion, reworked the radio box and added the 45 degree brackets on either side of the trasmission support cross member. I think I'm done with the interior of this section save for the roof and interior of the hood which I'm working on now. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of time inside of here but it's all in fun.

I've been giving some thought to the engine compartment and I have no idea how I'm going to build it separately and then attach the fuel lines after the fact. It's going to be quite a task. If anyone has any brilliant ideas I'd love to hear them. That's all for now......
Reply With Quote top