View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
vBench

Hello All,
Long time lurker, but thanks to some 'gentle prodding' from Sam and Stuke, finally got around to registering and getting a Vbench. I just turned 40 last November, and am currently an at-home Father of two girls, 4 and 6. Apparently I will be going back to work once they are both in Primary school, so says my Wife Most recent jobs have been Industrial Security (at large Esso Refinery) and a Provincial Park Ranger before that. We live just West of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on a small acerage. I'm lucky enough to be part of a good group of Armour nuts in the area including Ron Volstad, Tom Cockle and Gary Edmundson, which sure helps provide the inspiration to build.
I've been building models for as long as I can remember, say since I was 8 or 10 years old. Went through an aircraft stage (1/72 jets), still have quite a few unbuilts in the collection. Armour interests are mostly Modern subjects, but like the Commonwealth stuff too (I think I have most of the Sherman kits ever made!). As my Wife is Finnish, and having been to Parola a few times, I've got a bit of a thing for Finnish armour as well.
I've written a few articles for Military In Scale magazine in the past, and have done masters for HobbyFan (Cougar) and more recently doing stuff for Maple Leaf Models. Been lucky enough to make it to AMPS Nationals in 2001/02 and Euro Militaire in 2004. With any luck, will get to Euro this year.

Cheers,
Jim
Reply With Quote top