Thread: Tristar kit
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
vBench

Alan,

Quote:
As James has stated he doesn't want this to turn into a knocking thread but curious about how Tristar's concept to show the armour thickness etc works out from a practical build point of view.

I'd say looking at the images provided by Lawrence, not as easy as putting a one piece section on the chassis but nothing that shouldn't beyond the capabilities of anyone who regards themselves as a model maker.

I'd be happy building either and surely it makes a nice change to see and try a different approach by another manufacturer to assembling a kit.
I agree I don't want to turn this into a knocking thread ethier. I fact I think I will buy the Dragon kit now and build them both. I am disapointed with the price of the Tristar Kit and the lack of figure even though the box states that a figure is inclulded.

Panther F,

Quote:
Not trying to start a riot here, but that would be more than enough for me to return it for the DML kit! That's just my opinion though.
I don't think that the fact that the figure is not in the box is the fault of the hobby shop, and as far as pricing goes the online shops in Canada all seem to have it priced any where from $75 to $85 dollars.

Lawrence,

Quote:
$25-$30 more is very expensive. I don't know the pricing mechanism in Canada but the prices in HK for both DML and Tristar kits are similar. You may wish to consider buying online from HK
I did some quick research on the web, I normally only buy accessories from the online shops, as most hobby shops in Edmonton don't carry a lot of photo etch, figures, track sets, etc. You are correct the kit is about the same price from Lucky Hobby. The Dragon kits are within a couple of bucks to what there sell for in the hobby shops here in Canada (when you include shipping). In the past I have tried to buy kits at my locale hobby shop. Guess its time to re think that.

Thanks for the information you have posted it will be helpful when I get back home and start on this kit.

"The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease.... often it gets replaced."

Last edited by sherman-vc; 08-24-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote top