View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Hello. My name is Dan, and I am addicted to the smell of Squadron Green Putty. Dad is to blame for this: he built paper-n-balsa WWI planes, and introduced me to plastic models at the tender age of 10. Some time in high school I began doing armor models, back when Tamiya was king and barrels were still plastic. We had a metal lathe in the garage, and I thought I was really ahead of the game when I started turning my own miniature cannon shells. Never thought there'd be a market for them... :lol:

After a break of a couple decades (during which I joined the Army to study the M1 Abrams in its natural habitat), I started back into modeling, beginning with NASCAR stuff. But gloss paint is a frustrating thing to work with, so I went back to my roots - armor modeling. eBay is my friend, and according to my wife I have enough models for the next couple of decades. But since it keeps me out of the bars, she doesn't complain too much.

When pressed I will admit a fondness for early Soviet stuff, and of course modern tanks. But its all good. Except Shermans. They confuse me.

The Cyberwombat Den
I blog, therefore I am. But what I am is open to discussion...
Reply With Quote top