View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 10:49 PM
vBench

Send a message via ICQ to sharkmouth Send a message via AIM to sharkmouth Send a message via MSN to sharkmouth Send a message via Yahoo to sharkmouth Send a message via Skype™ to sharkmouth
Speed builds don't exist for me. As for the belly detail, if I see it, I model it. Since I do not care for the kit, I won't spend money on aftermarket stuff but will upgrade it myself using stuff from the spares box.

As an example, in the previous photos, I had removed the incorrectly shaped fuel port covers. I found some that fit the bill from Dragon's Jagdpanzer IV but the cap side of the hinge is the late type. So, I modified it to take the early type from Dragon's original Ausf E. (yes, the one with all the dimensional errors)

The top of the mudgaurds have tread plate on the inside! This was scraped off.

Looking at the Dragon Ausf. E kit, I decided to use the drive sprockets as the bolt detail is correct but need to modify the details where Dragon slacked off. I will also use the bump stops as they are the correct Ausf E type while the Trumpeter kit provides the Ausf D type.

I glued together the barrel, sanded and polished it. I also filled in several pin marks and other minutiae but my photos came out blurry. I will take more as I progress slowly but surely.

Regards,

Saúl García
Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
It is why it is called The Present!

Last edited by sharkmouth; 09-12-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote top