Thread: Dora 1/35
View Single Post
  #117  
Old 10-27-2018, 06:55 AM
Fledermaus's Avatar
Fledermaus Fledermaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 432
Hi to all, more work on the elevators area on Dora has being done. This time the elevator motors are fixed.
First the pulleys are made, here are the half’s of the pulleys in and out sides




I started by removing the molded wheel on both halves


Here you can see the removed area, the inside must be completely flat for the replacement wheel to work


After removing the molded wheels I sanded all the molded on bolts on both sides


Here are the measurements for the new wheels, 8 disks of .80 x 15.5mm in diameter
And 4 .80 x 12.3mm disks


You just glue one of the smaller disks between two of the bigger disks to form a wheel




Side view of one of the new wheels


The shaft for the wheels is made with a piece of 1.7 x 14.1mm long styrene tube


To keep the right distance between the wheels I made 6 spacers with a 4mm diameter rod
.60mm wide




Here is the sequence of the parts, after making the .60 dia hole on each halve the rod is push through, a spacer first then a wheel another spacer etc.


The wheels in place




With that step done I removed the original hook on each pulley




The new hook is made with 1.6mm styrene sheet, the hook is 14mm long x 8.8mm wide


Here the drawing says 18mm long but I changed it to 14mm after checking the measurements


__________________
"Don't be afraid of the model,it's you the one holding the knife"
Reply With Quote top