planetArmor

planetArmor (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Sd. Kfz. 250/8 Neu, Dragon 1:35 (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9260)

Jochen 09-12-2015 07:38 AM

Sd. Kfz. 250/8 Neu, Dragon 1:35

10 Attachment(s)
Well, elsewhere progress on my Nashorn and Hummel has been described but actually along the way I got a little stuck with the two cousins.

And what else to do when stuck but open up another box... just to look and maybe see if some of the large items fit well....:D:D:D

So a number of weeks ago I looked over the 23 (TWENTY THREE) waiting kits (is it just me or have others collected kits after kits on sale, 'cause they are new, 'cause they are there...??).

I settled on this little nimble recce/support vehicle. It came with an Eduard PE set. PE was used for the top side armour but not the gun shield: thickness dictated thinner side armour and the Dragon sides were too thick, I think. Not easy to fit the PE side armour, though, and mighty troublesome to make weld seams (which I couldn't find any pictures of... so I hope they were there...:D).

Gun barrel is the Dragon plastic: it is quite cool with no seams to file away and barrel rifling.

Anyway: not many progress pictures. I've been building along and then got the primer out today...;)

Cheers

J

Pvt Mutt 09-12-2015 10:44 AM

I've always liked the racy look of these, only thing missing is the racing stripes.:thumb:

Tony lee

Jochen 09-26-2015 07:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I'll think about stripes but if any they will be barrel kill rings, Tony...:D

And a little update: got the ol' badger out and gave the interior a coat of Vallejo 914 Dunkelgelb.

Got the dashboard fixed too... Now for the interior.

Many regards

J

Pvt Mutt 09-26-2015 10:31 AM

Coming right along Jochen and that dash looks really good.:cool:

Tony lee

Jochen 09-26-2015 01:30 PM

Thanks Tony...:D

And in reply to your comment on the Nashorn: yes, I think the Vallejo 914 renders Dunkelgelb well.

Always usted and liked waterbased Vallejo in my second modelling stint - and it is supposedly non-toxic...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Many regards

J

schlichtr 09-27-2015 08:59 AM

I love all the vehicles with the short 75. Nice job.

Roy

Jochen 09-30-2015 02:36 PM

Thanks Roy

More coming up but another project suddenly roared back into life: it'll be a few days.

:D

J

schlichtr 10-02-2015 06:12 PM

I've got so many projects I can't keep track of them all. Some get packed away and forgotten only to be opened up years later with me saying "oh yeah forgot about that one".

Roy

canjuaan 10-03-2015 05:56 AM

Haha, great routine, Roy ;)

Jochen 12-19-2015 12:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, it was a few days...

Wasn't too happy with the inside of the gun shield left and right: was a little sloppy in the assembly, I'm afraid, and got punished...:rolleyes:

So sanded the sections down and had to re-prime... and did the wheels and the tracks at the same time.

Tracks are Dragon Magic Tracks: not bad at all...:D The short section of track is to be slung across the front of the finished vehicle...:cool:

:D

Jokke