planetArmor

planetArmor (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Members, you must Post here first . Introduce yourself or just say hello. (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   New Member (http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4832)

Der Oberst 02-20-2008 10:34 AM

Hello folks,

I've been lurking for awhile, but now will become more active as I intend to join the Stug campaign. Been back to modeling a little over a year currently building an E-100 and a JS-2 which is almost done. 56, married with four children. Look forward to contributing what I can.

Regards,

Joe Osborne

Uruk-Hai 02-20-2008 02:57 PM

Welcome Joe!

What did you have in mind for the StuG III Groupbild?

Cheers

AfRiKaKoRpS 02-20-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Oberst (Post 60406)
Hello folks,

I've been lurking for awhile, but now will become more active as I intend to join the Stug campaign. Been back to modeling a little over a year currently building an E-100 and a JS-2 which is almost done. 56, married with four children. Look forward to contributing what I can.

Regards,

Joe Osborne

Joe do you mean that you would like to join our Group Build StuG III?
If yes let me know details of your build.

Chris

schlichtr 02-20-2008 07:10 PM

Welcome to PA. You will learn alot here and meet some of the best people on the planet (no pun intended).

Roy

Der Oberst 02-20-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS (Post 60422)
Joe do you mean that you would like to join our Group Build StuG III?
If yes let me know details of your build.

Chris

Chris,

Yes, I have the DML Stug III G Early with both Cyberhobby upgrade kits. This will be my first adventure into PE in a big way. Looking forward to building it and entering the GB. Not sure which unit I'm going to build, but I do have the great "Achtung Panzer" #5 and Trojca's "Stug III-IV at War" for references. Any suggestions for this kit?

Also, thanks for the warm welcome! This looks like a great place with a few friendly faces that I've seen over at MIG. There seems to be a great sense of community here, and I've already picked up a fews things that I've added to my modeling repertoire.

Regards,

Joe Osborne

MikkoH 02-21-2008 02:55 AM

Wellcome Joe to PA and group build! You could build it to Kursk or after Totenkopf vehicle!

Btw. Unfortunately I missed my Mig cause seems that it has become ClosedEliteCommunity.:(

AfRiKaKoRpS 02-21-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Oberst (Post 60429)
Chris,

Yes, I have the DML Stug III G Early with both Cyberhobby upgrade kits. This will be my first adventure into PE in a big way. Looking forward to building it and entering the GB. Not sure which unit I'm going to build, but I do have the great "Achtung Panzer" #5 and Trojca's "Stug III-IV at War" for references. Any suggestions for this kit?

Also, thanks for the warm welcome! This looks like a great place with a few friendly faces that I've seen over at MIG. There seems to be a great sense of community here, and I've already picked up a fews things that I've added to my modeling repertoire.

Regards,

Joe Osborne

Joe you are on the list so no way back now ;) ;) ;)

Chris

Der Oberst 02-21-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkoH (Post 60437)
Wellcome Joe to PA and group build! You could build it to Kursk or after Totenkopf vehicle!

Btw. Unfortunately I missed my Mig cause seems that it has become ClosedEliteCommunity.:(

Mikko,

No, no, no... it is not a "closed elite community", they have a real problem with their forum system, and had to stop adding members due to that problem. They use an older phpBB forum and it's not handling traffic very well. There is a major problem with error pages. Mig and Adam are trying to address it, but they had to close things down for awhile as adding more users would simply make the problem worse. I would expect them to reopen things once they have resolved the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions on vehicle btw, much appreciated.

Der Oberst 02-21-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfRiKaKoRpS (Post 60449)
Joe you are on the list so no way back now ;) ;) ;)

Chris

Not a problem. Once I get started I'll post over in that section. Thanks!

MikkoH 02-21-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Oberst (Post 60460)
Mikko,

No, no, no... it is not a "closed elite community", they have a real problem with their forum system, and had to stop adding members due to that problem. They use an older phpBB forum and it's not handling traffic very well. There is a major problem with error pages. Mig and Adam are trying to address it, but they had to close things down for awhile as adding more users would simply make the problem worse. I would expect them to reopen things once they have resolved the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions on vehicle btw, much appreciated.

Ok. Hopefully they get things working. Other intresting would be RFSS stug in Italy.