planetArmor (
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (
-   -   Schnellboot s-100 (

Fledermaus 07-01-2011 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=KuKŁiNsKi;95694]craaazy :D[/QUOTE

thats part of the hobby :p:D;)


Originally Posted by gibbs (Post 95698)
:eek::eek::eek: amazing!

thanks gibbs


Originally Posted by Ropi (Post 95705)
"and it may fire"
so basicly you needed something on your garden lake to fend off the birds?

well thats a good idea, big bird killer, after all thats the purpose of its flaks, to take down the steel birds attacking it :D

Fledermaus 09-23-2011 08:16 PM

Hi all!
Have being busy working on the boat; it’s a lot of work and still a lot to do. The bridge detailing is almost done, just the magazine racks and seats to do. Here are the photos of my work…
The bridge walls molded doors are removed so the PH ones can be placed, the molded track for the rear door is also removed since the S-100 where hinged not slide type. New rivet details are added, plus the vent cover and life preserver bracket. The molded base for the interior seats are also removed to be replaced with new scratch builds ones.
The back wall of the chart room has all the details removed and rearranged as in Han-Ju boat
Here all details are gone
The ventilator is relocated and a cover made for it, also added two supports for the catwalk that goes over this area made from 2mm square x 13.5 long
The back wall of the wheel house has the molded door replaced with the PH one from Eduard plus other details
The wheel wall received new PH details, the throttle pedestal was cut from the wall, covered the hole and the top of the pedestal with styrene. The throttle assembly was made with a piece of aluminum tubing; the PH detail was glued around it. The pedestal is going to be placed back about 3/16 from the wall.
Molded details are removed
PH details added
The pedestal is removed

Fledermaus 09-23-2011 08:17 PM
The throttle control is made with a piece of aluminum
Just need to add the levers and is finished
Now moved to the dash board, the compass looking hole is opened, a lid scratch build and the interior received the PH compass from Eduard and other PH details, now the compass can be seen from the opening
The front gun cover was modified also, it was trimmed on the lower side with the step removed, the molded on holders are Cut flush with the top of the cover and PH + styrene details added. Do not use the rope here as in the kit instructions as it is not used on the real covers, it was held in place just by the 4 locks around it. Dont know where Italery got that from

I’m working in more areas of the boat before starting with the paint so more soon
Thanks for looking!

Instructorrob 09-26-2011 04:08 PM

OMG, this is going to be an epic build.
This also shows me that I should visit PA more often. Been away too long, I believe.


Fledermaus 10-05-2011 10:41 PM

thanks Robert, glad you like it :thumb:

Hi to all!

Here are some more photos of part of the work done so far
The skylights are removed from the 3 covers as this where omitted on the S-100 class as a production simplification. So using styrene disks the holes where covered
A coat of Mr. Surface is applied and sanded smooth
And it looks like this now
Next the torpedo tubes are assembled and detailed a little bit
The tubes like it comes
I started by removing the winch pulleys and replacing with the ones from Eduard
Here the new pulleys are installed; also a Verlinden resin bolt and the winch cable hole is drilled
Next the valve like structure on the middle of the tube is also detailed using bits of styrene
The part is cut at this point
Here the detail parts to be added
Now it looks like this
Finally I added some brackets, the cable loop and the door handle to finish it
Next is the targeting computer turn for some details, it has parts from the Eduard set and many scratch build ones, plus very thin solder for the cable connections
The molded door is removed and the new PH installed, also drilled the two communication vision ports and replaced the lids with PH ones

Fledermaus 10-05-2011 10:42 PM
The binoculars are detailed with styrene bits
The finished computer with the solder wires added
Now the speech tubes are made using a piece of wire with cooper wire around it plus styrene tube
For the mouth piece
The mouth piece is made by first cutting the plastic with a wire cutter
Then the plastic is sanded in a U shape and drilled out
Then the other side is sanded to make it look like this
The mouth piece is cut from the plastic
Now it is glued to a piece of styrene of the new diameter of the mouth piece back, now drill the other side of this plastic to the same size as the wire used to make the flexible section of the tube
The flexible tube section is completed and looks like this
To finish it just glue the mouth piece to one end and another piece of styrene of the same diameter
To the other end
The front hatch housing needs to be trimmed down a little as seen on photos of HA-JU, here is the stock part
It is trimmed about 1.5mm I just used my sanding block to do it
Now it looks like the original one on the photos

That’s for now, still much to do. Working on more photos so stay tuned
Thanks for following

KuKŁiNsKi 10-06-2011 06:51 AM

craaazy as always... :D
just love it

Ropi 10-06-2011 08:15 AM

Very nice building again! :)

Panzerjaeger 10-06-2011 10:56 AM

Great detail work!

alexwencho 10-07-2011 12:27 AM

Looking totally wonderful.
Thank you for the continuing updates.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.