planetArmor (
-   Photos: In-progress Blogs (
-   -   Schnellboot s-100 (

Flak 12-25-2010 08:28 AM

WOW... great work on it

Fledermaus 12-25-2010 09:08 AM

Thanks Flak, glad you like it. more soon ;)

Fledermaus 03-18-2011 10:58 AM

Hello my friends , I’m back in business with the sboat construction. I took about a month and a half free from working on it, that’s why it’s being so long since my last post. IM finishing working on the front gun and gun pit and this is the most reworked part so far in this build, italeri simplified the gun frame and the gun pit needed to be bigger for the figure to fit in. so here we go..

First the deck hole has to be enlarged to 37.5mm
Using the dremmel I enlarged the hole

After sanding the new hole smooth I made the new horizontal ring, it measures 37.5mm interior by 42.5mm exterior

It looks like this with the horizontal ring glued in place…
Now the vertical ring is made using a strip of .10 styrene that measured 5.5mm width by 115mm long
Here it is in place
Finally the interior horizontal ring is made, again with .10 styrene and measuring 33.5mm interior by
38.5 exterior.
Here the interior ring is dry fitted to check the fit, it still needs to be sanded on the interior to the pencil mark.
Now I moved to the reconstruction of the gun cage, here I assembled it dry so you can have an idea how it looks like as it comes in the kit
I started by cutting this part off so I can redo it with styrene so I don’t have to putty and sand the original, It is easier to make a new one
After removing the part sand smooth the sides and install the new one
At this point I decided I wanted the linkage system to be workable like in the real gun so started to make my own parts. It started by removing a section of the original cage needed to do the center link
The part I need is the center ring, here I cut it apart from the linkage
After sanding it down on the outside it looks like this,the shaft is 3mm long
Here you can see the removed modified part and the original part from where it was removed
A piece of styrene rod the same width of the part hole is cut
With the punch I did a disk the next width size of the styrene rod

Fledermaus 03-18-2011 10:58 AM

The disk is glued to the rod and the rod is placed in the link
The link is then glued to the outside of the cage and the link is movable
I’m working on the rest of the links and working on the photos so more coming soon
Thanks for watching!


KuKŁiNsKi 03-18-2011 04:33 PM

when i can't find words then you know that it must be amazing... :D
where are you going to put that monster when it's done?

ranchhand 03-18-2011 05:55 PM


Originally Posted by KuKŁiNsKi (Post 93230)
when i can't find words then you know that it must be amazing... :D
where are you going to put that monster when it's done?

That's what I wanna know!

KuKŁiNsKi 03-18-2011 06:13 PM

trow it in washing machine on 90 and then in dryer and you'll have most amazing details ever seen on 1/72 boat... + it will fit anywhere :D

Fledermaus 03-19-2011 05:09 PM

Kuklinnski and ranchhand thanks guys :rolleyes: Im planing a base with water
so its going to be a little bigger than what it already is :p :D . but it already has a 4' shelf waiting for it :eek:

Fledermaus 03-19-2011 05:12 PM

Hi! Continuing with the work on the gun, here the molded in aiming mechanism is to be replaced with the one form the Eduard set

The original mechanism
After removing it
The Eduard one glued in place, nice improvement in detail
Now the next part needed is the upper frame in the form of U, made with styrene rods, the two long parts are .040” x 10mm rod and the cross one is .060” x 7 mm
Now the two small ends are drilled so I can insert a small piece of wire to serve as reinforcement
So it won’t break easy when I’m working on it
Also drilled the ends of the cross piece, this has to go from one side to the other so a long wire can pass all the way thru it
The wires already glued in place
Drilled a couple of holes to the main frame newly replaced part to accept the U frame
Here I installed the U frame
Now some work on the gun itself, first I removed the stock barrel to be replaced with the brass one
From the Master set
The hole for the new barrel is drilled
Next all the surface details are removed to make room for the Eduard details
This is how it looks after installing the Eduard set details, nice…
At this point I glued the gun bead to the gun and add the base for the front link
The gun bead installed on the main cage and the base for the link

The link system and the photos are almost complete, so more coming soon



KuKŁiNsKi 03-19-2011 10:45 PM

like i said in one topic before... you'll have to pay some kind of tax for new property with that thing =D
looks amazing

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.