PDA

View Full Version : 1:6 TAMIYA Harley-Davidson FLH Classic

Moon Puppy
07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Great idea of opening up OTA at PA Alex! So if I may, I'm going to post this here and hope to tap your great knowledge of the subject.

I picked up the kit at a local model show, got it for about the same price as shipping on some of the ebay finds of the same kit. It looks to be in very good condition and all the bags are still factory sealed.

So far I have found only one build thread on it. Alex (or anyone else for that matter) do you have any experience with this kit or similar ones?

I've already looking to use a real chain on it and possibly make the sprocket work. Guess I need to do some measurements to find the right one. I'll have some pictures when I get started on it. Still just in the planning stage.

http://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10063/HD001.jpg

alexwencho
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Great idea of opening up OTA at PA Alex! So if I may, I'm going to post this here and hope to tap your great knowledge of the subject.

I picked up the kit at a local model show, got it for about the same price as shipping on some of the ebay finds of the same kit. It looks to be in very good condition and all the bags are still factory sealed.

So far I have found only one build thread on it. Alex (or anyone else for that matter) do you have any experience with this kit or similar ones?

I've already looking to use a real chain on it and possibly make the sprocket work. Guess I need to do some measurements to find the right one. I'll have some pictures when I get started on it. Still just in the planning stage.

MP,

Yes, I have been in discussion with 'Gordy' and a couple of other model makers (for the pst 6 months) on how to make a few subtle changes here at PA. I finally came to the conclusion to Keep the name, planetarmor and just add an OTA forum. Man, that was easy.

To be honest with you, If anyone wants to post an OTA Other Than Armor build on planetarmor 'vBench', there is no argument from me, (management).
If any one has a problem with that, than they are more than welcome to get over it or go elsewhere.

What difference does it make, many people have left here, but then again many more 'new' ones are registering and trying the waters all the time.

Yes, it's slow and a bit quiet here on planetaromr, but for this retired US Government worker, less for me (a one man outfit) to worry about. Besides that, the Government taught me a long time ago how to "hang in there for the long run"

All model builders (old and new) are welcomed here on planetarmor to (hopefully) a cool and casual environment................

I apologize for getting off topic, and Now, back to your exciting, upcoming 1/6th motorcycle build.

Those old 1/6th scale Tamiya Haley Motorcycle kits are well worth the money. Yes they are a bit dated with the engine and frame design over 20 years old, but the more vintage Harley the better Harley. Kind of like wine.

I have never had or built the Tamiya Kit but have been tempted (for the past 20 years or so) to get one.

I have see a few built up nicely at the shows in the past, full lighting, sound chips and all.

I recently found (on the web) this master model builder from Japan build up a 1/6th Tamiya Haley kit with re-vamped frame and front fork made from soldered copper and brass pipe. Probably the most awesome build so far in this scale.

I am assured you will do an Excellent job with you kit, with no doubt in my mind.

You can go to your local harley mechanic for all kinds of motorcycle manuals and dimension measurements.

Good wishes, good luck, happy miniature bike building and looking forward to your build here on planetarmor.

AWD

Moon Puppy
07-19-2011, 06:03 AM
If any one has a problem with that, than they are more than welcome to get over it or go elsewhere.

Love that attitude!! Well you can put this thread anywhere you'd like, would it be possible to make this thread in the VBench and keep it here in OTA?

There's been several things over the years that I would have loved to share here but it just wasn't armor. I'll fix that in the future now you have OTA

I don't think I'll be lighting this one, wish I could and if they had a simple out of box kit to do it, I probably would do it, but I have to have this done by Christmas and the creative process for scratch building a light system is not that fast...for me. I would have to build one then the next one I could probably do.

Thanks for your positive vibes man, I'm going to need it! Rock on!