PDA

View Full Version : 16th Pz Div. Sdkfz 251 paint scheme

GALILEO1
09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on an AFV Club 251/1 Ausf C. and would like to depict the kit as this vehicle of the 16th Panzer Div. on the Eastern Front in 1943.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/robertCarvallo/Picture.jpg

The thing is, although AFV supplies the decals for this 'exact' vehicle as a choice, the instruction paint call-out states that this particular 251 should be painted straight white, with no other color under it. Now, looking at the pic above I know this particular vehicle just has a whitewash on. Difficulty for me is to tell what color is underneath the white. Do you all think is Dark Grey?

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated...

Rob

armor fiend
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
That would be my guess.

MikkoH
09-13-2008, 12:25 AM
This pic is taken during winter 43-44 so I would bet my money on dunkel gelb(with or without secondary camo colour) under whitewash. Black or red unit markings. Note Stuka zu fuss on second in line and couple of Stummels behind that.

Flak
09-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Great pic...thanks for sharing...Rob :thumb:

GALILEO1
09-13-2008, 01:45 PM
This pic is taken during winter 43-44 so I would bet my money on dunkel gelb(with or without secondary camo colour) under whitewash. Black or red unit markings. Note Stuka zu fuss on second in line and couple of Stummels behind that.

humm, dunkelgelb, eh...? I too though about that for a moment but the very dark color on top of the hood makes me think dark grey. And yes, the unit markings are in red.

Dos anyone know where I can find other shots of these vehicles? This picture I got from Squadron's Sdkfz 251 In Action book.

Thanks,

Rob

GALILEO1
09-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Great pic...thanks for sharing...Rob :thumb:

No problem, Flak! I just find this pic very interesting and since AFV includes it as an option, I wanted to try it out...

Thanks,

Rob