PDA

View Full Version : Sturmgeschuetz III Group Build - General

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks to our friendly admin Gordy we can start our Group Build.

The deadline for project is D-Day Unniversary June 6th 2008 !

Here is list of project members in alphabetical order:

Name..........................Kit Maker............................................. .................................................. .......Planned StuG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asposalo Niko......................DML StuG IIIG Early 1:72.............................................. ...............................................
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barroso Luiz Carlos Pacheco...MB StuG IIIF.............................................. Div." HERMANN GÖRING " Sicily,November,1942
Bonati Laura.......................Tamiya StuG IIIB.............................................. ....................Sturmartillerie Abteilung 197
........................................DML StuG IIIF/8................................................. .................................................. ......
Gazquez Joaquin Garcia.........DML StuG IIIG Early 1:72.............................................. .............................................
Green Robert......................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................................. ...
Heikkinen Mikko...................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................Finnish Sturmi
Hill Ian...............................Tamiya StuG IIIG Final Version........................................... ..............................................
Jonakowski Mateusz.............DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................................. ..
KH Ruslan ..........................Tamiya StuG IIIG ................................................. .................................................. ..
Lopez Ruben........................DML Stug III C/D................................................. .................................................. ...
Kirchoff Mike.......................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................................. ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximov Andrey..................DML StuH 42................................................ ......................Eastern front, Hungary, 1945
Nilsson Janne......................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. ....................Finnish Sturmi (Marjatta)
Okrzeja Waldemar................Tamiya StuG IIIG.............................................. ..........................#12 Eastern front, 1944
Osborne Joe........................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................................. ..
Pituch Radek.......................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .........................K.O. StuG Italy 1944
Quah Lawrence....................DML StuG IIIC...Stug Abt 189 Eastern Front or the late war C/D "Blucher" in Prague May, 1945
Rochatka Tomasz.................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................Finnish Sturmi
Steinman John.....................DML StuG IIIG and IIIF/8 kitbash........................................... ......................................
Sumner Jamie......................DML StuG IIIG S/K............................................. .................................................. ..........
Suurkaev Siim......................DML StuG IIIG S/K................................................. .................................................. ..
Tainton James.....................DML StuG IIIA.............................................. .................................................. ..........
Zadura Krzysztof..................DML StuG IIIG S/K...........................................Initia l Dec 1942 Production, Russia 1942/43

Good luck

Chris

dukwhunter
02-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi Guys,
My name is Joseph Dorsey and i live in the USA . I would like to join the PA Stug Group if possible .

My build would be OOB and a 1/35 Tamiya Stug III ausf B 191st StuGAbt Greece 1941

Thank You
Joseph

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi Guys,
My name is Joseph Dorsey and i live in the USA . I would like to join the PA Stug Group if possible .

My build would be OOB and a 1/35 Tamiya Stug III ausf B 191st StuGAbt Greece 1941

Thank You
Joseph

Welcome Joseph, you are oficially a member of group build now ;)
I am gald you decided to join us and hope some more people will follow you :)

Chris

dukwhunter
02-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Chris,
Thanks , i will try and get some updates posted in the next few days .

best regards
JOEY

DOJO
02-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Every time I look there's my name in the GB. And I was feeling bad because I said I wont be able to be in GB. Yet there was the name there 8(

Well, today won a stug kit.
Stug G, tamiya kit. it's winter camo, unit is unknown(says in the book)

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Every time I look there's my name in the GB. And I was feeling bad because I said I wont be able to be in GB. Yet there was the name there 8(

Well, today won a stug kit.
Stug G, tamiya kit. it's winter camo, unit is unknown(says in the book)

Hah, you see I kept your name on tha list for a purpose. It kept calling you ..... ;)

Good to see you back Ruslan.

List updated with new kit.

Chris

Uruk-Hai
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Ok, I will give it a try as our little Finnished friends have persuaded me in making a Sturmi (Marjatta) out of Dragons StuG.III G Early.

Cheers

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Ok, I will give it a try as our little Finnished friends have persuaded me in making a Sturmi (Marjatta) out of Dragons StuG.III G Early.

Cheers

Welcome on board Janne. Good that decided to join :D

Chris

Finnmodeler
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi,
is GB narrowed to 1/35 scale only? I'm in the process of building DML 72 scale StuG III Early :)
Br,
Niko

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi,
is GB narrowed to 1/35 scale only? I'm in the process of building DML 72 scale StuG III Early :)
Br,
Niko

Niko, since we have not said anything about the scale just about subject and deadline, I would say scale and number of kits for the project is unlimited and go for it!

You are on the list. G Luck! :)

Chris

Finnmodeler
02-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Chris,
thanks for info :) I'll start my StuG III build soon enough.

Niko

MikkoH
02-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Wellcome Niko! Suomi or Deutsch Stug?:) Btw have you noticed any flaws in that Dml small stug?

Finnmodeler
02-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Hi Mikko,
not yet decided but I think I will go with German markings :) I think I go with winter camo here...
And so far I have not found any actual flaws. Only issue is that it would need side skirts as currently it represents only April-May-43 production version. Of course, with liitle work by adding periscope holes for driver it could be earlier version.
But no, no actual flaws that I've noticed. It's a bit tricky to put upper and lower hull togetheras well as some sanding and carving is needed.
I have decided(REALLY!) to build it OOTB as it is very detailed. Of course some bits are oversized and simplified but maybe next one ;)
It's been awhile now that I have actually built anything. Winter seems to be sleepy time for me. As light time increases my intresses to modelling are waking again. I've been building Revell's latest artillery piece, German 21cm Morser 18. It has lot of small(TP) bits that are hard to handle without breaking.

Niko

MikkoH
02-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi Mikko,
not yet decided but I think I will go with German markings :) I think I go with winter camo here...
And so far I have not found any actual flaws. Only issue is that it would need side skirts as currently it represents only April-May-43 production version. Of course, with liitle work by adding periscope holes for driver it could be earlier version.
But no, no actual flaws that I've noticed. It's a bit tricky to put upper and lower hull togetheras well as some sanding and carving is needed.
I have decided(REALLY!) to build it OOTB as it is very detailed. Of course some bits are oversized and simplified but maybe next one ;)
It's been awhile now that I have actually built anything. Winter seems to be sleepy time for me. As light time increases my intresses to modelling are waking again. I've been building Revell's latest artillery piece, German 21cm Morser 18. It has lot of small(TP) bits that are hard to handle without breaking.

Niko

Wintercamo?? YOU??!! And Ootb?? I don't belive my eyes before I see that..:D :D :D

Thanks for warning that hull problem. I have planned to make it our sturmi also like it's bigbro. Don't know number yet.:)

Kirchoff
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't usually sign up for builds like this as time typically works against me! But I have a perfectly good Dragon StuG III G Early Smart Kit with Cyberhobby goodies just screamin' to be built, so what the heck! If not too late, I'd like to participate ....

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-27-2008, 05:35 AM
I don't usually sign up for builds like this as time typically works against me! But I have a perfectly good Dragon StuG III G Early Smart Kit with Cyberhobby goodies just screamin' to be built, so what the heck! If not too late, I'd like to participate ....

Thanks,
Mike Kirchoff

Mike, welcome to PA and our Group Build. If you decide to make any specific StuG let me know so I can update our list.

Chris

AfRiKaKoRpS
02-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Right on time

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/echelon.htm

Chris

Tomasz Rochatka
03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello, I have a problem - I can't start a new thread. When I try to post it, that announcement appears:
"Tomasz Rochatka, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
What should I do?

brokeneagle
03-15-2008, 04:15 AM
:) I love to join too guys, it might get me to finish my final version stug - BUT NO PROMISES;):o - am I in?

AfRiKaKoRpS
03-15-2008, 04:23 AM
Tomek,
You are not a vBench member at moment. Please write e-mail to Gordy who is our friendly admin and ask him for a vBench membership. While you have it you will be able to post new threads with no problem.

Ian,
Sure you are with us. You are on the list now. Is that DML StuG that you are going to use ?

Chris

brokeneagle
03-15-2008, 04:30 AM
[
Ian,
Sure you are with us. You are on the list now. Is that DML StuG that you are going to use ?

Chris[/quote]
No it's the Tamiya G that I am revamping from my VBENCH.
Sorry I thought it was a general Stug 3 build. You had better take me off again...........

Panzergrenadier
03-15-2008, 05:34 AM
Right about now is a ''what the h...'' moment. I was looking for a new build, something fun and fast. I picked from my stash the DML Stug III G (smart kit). I was the one who at first though I wouldn't join you, but seems like I subconsciously jumped aboard.:D

MikkoH
03-15-2008, 11:29 AM
[
Ian,

Chris
Sorry I thought it was a general Stug 3 build. You had better take me off again...........[/QUOTE]

Ian, as far as I know we are general Stug group build and no "Smartie" group so don't go nowhere!:) Dml, Tamiya, Revell.. Who cares it's the Stug that counts.:D

lquah
03-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Hilly
Sorry I thought it was a general Stug 3 build. You had better take me off again...........
It's a Stug Build period. No restrictions on the make so you can't pull out that easy :D Nice try though :)

LQ

AfRiKaKoRpS
03-15-2008, 03:08 PM
[
Ian,

Chris
Sorry I thought it was a general Stug 3 build. You had better take me off again...........[/QUOTE]

LOL, Ian you are not going to get so easy away from this :):D:)
As our friends alreday said its a general StuG III build project so any ausfuehrung any scale and any kitmaker. My question was just for a list update purpose so I would know what to write there.
I belive everybody is happy to have you on board.

Siim,
Happy to hear that you wanna join us, the more of us the better.

Chris

AfRiKaKoRpS
03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
New decal sets from Bison Decals

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bison/35066.html

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bison/35067.html

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bison/35068.html

Chris

brokeneagle
03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Hilly

It's a Stug Build period. No restrictions on the make so you can't pull out that easy :D Nice try though :)

LQ
No one gets outa here alive?:) I'm in then:cool: Now I should actually do something - blow the cobwebs off.:D

Mateusz Jonakowski
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Don't worry Ian - I'm building mine Stugie slowly - CMK's resin sets are almost finished, but I didn't have an opportunity to took photos.

Unfortunately, I probably won't paint it until summer holidays. I have old Dragon's spät StuH too, which I want to build as the with the 'swinging' Schürzen from Seelowe Heights. But it needs some detailing and again I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish that quick (furthermore I still don't have an soldering torch :/ ).

Nevertheless, I'll try do do as much as I can, and post some photos soon.

Mateusz

MikkoH
04-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Hello folks!

I know it ain't gonna be easy to leave this group, but it could be that I have to do that. My sturmi is going to be finished thats for sure but not so sure if I can do it for timeline. 3 weeks I have now working my a** of on another town(Tampere, 500km away). After a 8 to 12 hours of concrete balcony takedown you have no much strenght to do anything but eat and sleep.:(

Panzergrenadier
04-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Could James please add my StuG build to this section.

robertgreen94
04-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I had already started a Stug III (DML Smart kit) before the group build started, but I had put it away as I finished a Tiger II. Since its currently 'in progress' would it still be possible to join the group build?

AfRiKaKoRpS
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi Robert,
Sure, you can feel a groupbuilder now. You are at our list now so pls feel free to open thraed with your build in this section.

Chris

Joaquin G. Gazquez
04-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi my Friends,

I'm Joaquin Garcia Gazquez, from Spain, I will to build an Stug III Ausf. G Frühe produktion 1/72 scale by Dragon.

Stug are my favorite AFV...

Best Regards,

AfRiKaKoRpS
04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi my Friends,

I'm Joaquin Garcia Gazquez, from Spain, I will to build an Stug III Ausf. G Frühe produktion 1/72 scale by Dragon.

Stug are my favorite AFV...

Best Regards,

Welcome on board Joaquin. I have seen some of your excellent work here at PA. Look forward to your Stugie and you are on oficially on the list now.

Chris

Driver
04-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi guys, I would like to join you with a DML Stug III C/D that has been sleeping in the shelf for some years, would it be possible?

Ruben

AfRiKaKoRpS
04-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Sure Ruben. Welcome on board !!! :)

Chris

Wonsug Jung
04-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi, Chris,
I would also like to join this group build.
I'll build 1/72 DML StuH42 used in Italian front.

Wonsug

AfRiKaKoRpS
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi Wonsung
Sure, nice to welcome you on board.
Please feel free to open your thread in our section.
Chris

AfRiKaKoRpS
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi Folks
So few months passed so quickly that we came to the deadline. Unfortunatelly family affairs kept me away from tanks for last few weeks so I have not managed to finish my build. I know that it is a shame since I started this project so I will not leave the StuG rot in the box and hope to finish it shortly. And to all you folks that have alreday started GB Stugies pls do not abandon them since theay are so nice models I think you should continue your work on them and share results here at GB Space. To sum up its very nice to see theose completed kits and what can I say BRAVO :) to you guys who have finished. I was very happy that Gordy created this GB space for us and hope that you will have some new GB project ideas and that we will work on a new subjects together.

Thank you very much for great work alreday done folks and I look forward to seeing alreday started StuGs beeing completed. Do not give up on them.

Chris

James Tainton
06-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't think the deadline should be all that important... I will be continuing to build and post updates in this section. I think we should hold off on any other GB until the majority of the Stug builds are done.

Gopher
06-06-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't think the deadline should be all that important... I will be continuing to build and post updates in this section. I think we should hold off on any other GB until the majority of the Stug builds are done.

agree!

Uruk-Hai
06-06-2008, 04:53 AM
I certainly will not leave any model behind. ;)

Cheers

armor fiend
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
So, did any of these stugs ever get finished?

Kreighshoer
10-29-2008, 04:37 AM
hiyo guys ... what happened?

who else beside the voodoo-connection guys (dave, ruben and abdin) and me finished a stug within or without the timeframe?

is this group build dead?

and what about another group build? how about a marder mania? with all those beautiful different kits out there there would be a great opportunity to see all the different marders variants - the marder 2, marder 3 ausf. h, m, (r) ...

now that would be fun ... wouldn't it? :D

cheers

David Diaz
10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
and what about another group build?

I think everybody kind of lost interest (or faith) in group builds Laura. But it will be fun to see another one.

dave

MikkoH
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
hiyo guys ... what happened?

is this group build dead?

cheers

Dunno about the group build but my Sturmi ain't dead. It's just on "little" break..;)

Gopher
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Guys, I'm still working on my StuH, but too slowly...
Maybe this weekend i'll post some photos.

Driver
11-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Laura, first of all; glad to have you back, you were greatly missed!! :)

Since my first an only Marder to date, the Marder III fron Italeri, i've been wanting to do another so, if there is a group build, you can count me in!

But I think that for another group build we should discuss the time frame so everyone can do a reallistic assesment before entering the build. That way there will be (hopefuly) no model left behind on the shelves like the Stugs.

And, yes, please resurrect your Bvench!

Ruben

MartinD
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

For those still building a StuG, there's a Forum Online Contest at www.twenot-forums.nl
The subject is StuG III, Stuh 42 and SiG 33, so if you want to, come and join in.
Jan Peters is moderator, and fellow planeteers Caranthir (Richard Polderman) and Erik van Mierlo also take part in the FOC/GB.

Hope to see some of you there,

MartinD