PDA

View Full Version : Getting started here..

RickLawler
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi all, I've been admiring your works for a while, so now I take the plunge. My name is Rick Lawler, I live in Oregon, have a wife and 2 boys (12 & 19). Other than modeling, I ski, mtn./road bike, coach soccer....and live life.

I want to get started posting, I have a vBench, but am unsure of how to do it. I've read the various posts concerning this topic...I have a photobucket site...what I''m unsure of is How To Get Started...I only have the blank page and can't seem to find the correct button to begin a New Thread.

Look forward to being here, Rick

PS - I've continued to work on this....is it as simple as going to the vBench - "Top of the Blog", then selecting New Thread?

David Diaz
01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Hello Rick,

Welcome to Planet Armor. It’s nice of you to join us and want to share your work.:thumb: Regarding how to start a new thread, the format was changed not so long ago, but I think you need to go to the forums page, and then to the “vBench top Blog” page and start the thread there. I think after that it will appear under your name at your v-bench. You can try that hopefully if I am wrong somebody will let you know. :rolleyes: If not ask Gordy, he always helps you as fast as he can.

Looking forward to see your work
Dave

lquah
01-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the Planet, Rick :)

PS - I've continued to work on this....is it as simple as going to the vBench - "Top of the Blog", then selecting New Thread?
Yes, if you have a vBench then the thread will be created "auto-magically" (as Gordy puts it) in your personal vBench

Lawrence

pwranta193
01-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Good to see you again!

Looking forward to seeing your bench top.

We've got another Portlander around here - Stuke - but he's buried in a new job so you might not see him pop up for a while. Stuke and I used to refer to ourselves as "AMPS Columbia". Back when we had current memberships...

RickLawler
01-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Paul, I started hanging on PA more after we exchanged those emails, and really got to enjoy what's going on here.

Thanks for the welcome to all, Rick