PDA

View Full Version : Photoblog idea

mvonb
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Since I haven't updated my blog for a while, and wasted space weighs heavy on the mind, I came up with the idea of adding photos of my locality so that diorama builders could see how Northern Germany/Europe looks. My town is full of traditional brick built houses and home to some good cobblestone streets. There are also a number of thatched farmers' homes in the vicinity. So if anyone wants me to go out and take some fotos, then you are welcome. I will start to add them this weekend anyway, and also some shots from Das Panzermuseum Munster and IWM London 2003.

MfG

Martin

holmerz
01-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Sounds like an slendid idea.

Primus
01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
superb!

mvonb
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
First update including Imperial War Museum London and Das Panzermuseum Munster photos ready.

My Blog (http://scouseontoast.blogspot.com/index.html)

mvonb
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
More stuff added.

holmerz
01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
This is great stuff :thumb:

mvonb
01-18-2007, 05:04 PM
This is great stuff :thumb:

Thanks

I have unearthed a few more CDs with museum shots on, so they will be getting uploaded in the next few days.

MfG

Martin

Larry Bates
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Awesome idea Martin.

Larry

lquah
01-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Martin

Great idea and thanks for sharing :thumb: They are really useful.

Lawrence

sbuss
01-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Martin,

if you look carefully around Hamburg you will find a lot of damage on the houses, related to the 1939-1945.

Especially in Barmbek (or if you are inside the S1 passing from Landwehr to Ohlsdorf and look out to your left) you can see the a very dark tone on the bricks at the ground floor, and much newer bricks on top, indicating that theses houses burnt to the ground.

In the Wandsbeker Chaussee, in one of the backstreets, there is still the Luftschutzbunker that was hit on it's side in 1943 by a bomb, and the bomb damage is still visible at the building.

in Otwawiweg in Ottensen you have a very beautiful area of brick buildings (Friedrich Ebert Hof, if i remember correctly), one one of the buildings you can still see the gap that was blown there in the first night of Op. Gomorrha, when a Luftmine hut the building behind.

As you said, Hamburg is full of examples that could be useful to us modellers.

Stefan

mvonb
01-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Martin,

if you look carefully around Hamburg you will find a lot of damage on the houses, related to the 1939-1945.

Especially in Barmbek (or if you are inside the S1 passing from Landwehr to Ohlsdorf and look out to your left) you can see the a very dark tone on the bricks at the ground floor, and much newer bricks on top, indicating that theses houses burnt to the ground.

In the Wandsbeker Chaussee, in one of the backstreets, there is still the Luftschutzbunker that was hit on it's side in 1943 by a bomb, and the bomb damage is still visible at the building.

in Otwawiweg in Ottensen you have a very beautiful area of brick buildings (Friedrich Ebert Hof, if i remember correctly), one one of the buildings you can still see the gap that was blown there in the first night of Op. Gomorrha, when a Luftmine hut the building behind.

As you said, Hamburg is full of examples that could be useful to us modellers.

Stefan

Stefan, over my next few visits to my old friends in Hamburg I will document these buildings as best I can. It always amazed me to be travelling on the S Bahn and spot the various bunkers along the route. Best of all is the major bunker on Feldstraße. Looks like I'm buying a Tageskarte and taking a few flash cards next time.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to look in.

MfG

Martin