PDA

View Full Version : People- you all need to be postin' more!

James Tainton
05-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Lets get this place active- share your thoughts photos and referemce- or just general stuff- ... ;)

TreadHead
05-08-2004, 06:24 PM
O.K.....here's a post panzerfaust. From your avatar, you look suspiciously like an overweight, spoiled, schoolboy from somewhere in Colorado!
Your hat is too small and your eyes are too big!.......

My suggestion...put on your aviator Ray-Ban's, toss a leg over a Big Wheel, and tell me to "Respect ma Authoritaa!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...just pullin' yer leg Panzer, no need to 'Schreck' me.

Tread.

James Tainton
05-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Love it! Glad to see a sense of humour! Made me laugh..Keep it up Mofo ;)

greatbrit
05-09-2004, 03:56 PM
trust you tread!

well i cant really think of much, except i finsihed my AFV club stuart this afternoon. fantastic kit. ill take some pictures on monday

cheers

joe

James Tainton
05-09-2004, 05:45 PM
cool- I've got one of those, (still in the box)- Maybe you can give us some build details...

TreadHead
05-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Howdy Joe,

Yes...you CAN trust me. ;-)

Nice to hear you've finished the Stuart. I believe our Gunnie is also finishing up a Stuart as well. Not sure what kind of clothes he's going to put on her, but I'm sure if he's listening, he'll tell us.
How are you finishing yours greatbrit, are U using the supplied decals or...?

Tread.

BTW.....should we all start calling you the 'Caped Crusader'? Or is that just 'bed-head' in your avatar? :lol:

GunTruck
05-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally, I intended to put my M3 Stuart in 1942 markings - pre-WWII - perhaps something at Fort Knox. I don't have anything in my collection that's pre-WWII.

But - I might change my mind totally, and model one of the "Haunted Tank" vehicles from the Comic Books...

Never can tell...

Gunnie

greatbrit
05-10-2004, 01:39 PM
lol tread,

the stuart is for the dsb build, so its a mixture of the kit decals and hand painted stuff. the kit decals are a stuart V of 22nd armoured brigade RTR.

i had to get a new connection barrel as i lost the kit one!

the kit has fantasic detail, much better than most tamiya kits, and the fit good too, other than the turret ring is too big at the front, so it needs cutting down a little.

cheers

joe

TreadHead
05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by GunTruck@May 10 2004, 10:39 AM

But - I might change my mind totally, and model one of the "Haunted Tank" vehicles from the Comic Books...

Never can tell...

Gunnie

Ohhhhhhhh, I really like the 'Haunted Tank' idea there Gunniemeister. And I'm also willing to bet you don't have one of those in your collection either. ;)
But then of course you would be forced to place your wee Stuart in a diorama where she is a) falling off a cliff, with no obvious way to save herself from imminent destruction. b) being horribly raked by strafing fire from any number of different German aircraft completely defying the Laws of Physics (and don't forget to show the rounds tearing through their clothes, but never touching their skin), or c) Being narrowly missed by a scathing 88mm round from a Tiger I tank also defying the Laws of Declination/Inclination, and painted in an evil-looking overall black paint/camo appearance (apparently most German tanks of the day were predecessors of the whole stealth 'thing'......)

Tread.

TreadHead
05-11-2004, 08:09 AM
Howdy greatbrit,

Thx for the info on the Stuart. It has always tempted me, but have yet to take the plunge. Besides, even though my modeling desk is pretty massive in size, I'm still runnin' out of room!

Tread.

DSB........what's that? ;)