Go Back   planetArmor > All Albums

Add Album Add Album
Search:
All Albums
  Album Title Owner Pictures Last Picture Reverse Sort Order
Picture M3A1 Stuart
This time I built an older kit from Academy, the M3A1 Stuart. This was built OOTB, except the resin accessories, and the figure. The original idea was to portray him in Africa, but after I found a very interesting picture of a Marine Stuart going up a hill to take out a Japanese sniper, I changed my idea and the plan accordingly. I completely painted the interior but unfortunately after I changed my idea, this canít be seen anymore.
The model was painted with Life Colors, Vallejo and Humbrol paints. Thereafter, a slight over-sprayed with Future to seal everything, and then the decals were applied, followed by a color filter with live color earth and sand. After everything dried, I used a brown wash from MIG, which I found to be very good and has become one of my favorite washes to use. After the wash was dry, I dry brushed using oils and Humbrol, which was followed with a slight dust using Tamiya earth, the dirt was created with artist pigments.
The one piece of beech wood, I bought at Boesner a local Art Supply store. The biggest challenge was to cut the corner at an angle so that the tank would be going up the hill at an angle instead of just across. But after a lot of cutting and more cutting, it worked out and I was pleased. I used Moellte Mix, which is a wood filler colored with Apple Tree colors, which I still have left over from Wal-Mart, almost 10 years old and still going strong, to paint the ground work. Before everything dried I pushed the Model into the wet groundwork to make it part of the base and waited until everything was dry. Once everything was dry, I did another overspray with Tamiya earth, and then tied in some more Artist Pigments. The last part was to add some vegetation.

FYI- I got the general idea from a picture, but I didnít copy the picture 100%, so there is no US flag or a lot of baggage on the Stuart in the Picture. It did however have the deep water wadding kits, and some bags on the back deck.

Hope you like it.
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 02:56 PM
Picture Panzer 4H-Wiking
Hello all

Here is another project that I have just finished over the weekend. No I didnít start it on the weekend, I started it along with many of my other projects several months ago, but since I travel so much, I always take something with me to base build, and I finalize it once I get time at home.

It is the 4H kit from Tamiya. I used the following accessories or conversation sets.

Tamiya Panzer 4H
New Connection Update Set Resin
Friul track Ostketten
AFV T-34 Track
Alpine Waffen SS Panzer Commander
Aber late war Tool Holders
Voyager Turret Skirts
Voyager Hull Skirt

Once again I tried my skill at soldering, didnít turn out that bad, but I still need more practice.

One of the interesting things I found out during my research is that the extra tank tracks were welded on just as with the Allies, like the Shermanís and Churchillís.

This time I used Humbrol enamel paints instead of Acrylic, it has been years since I airbrushed with enamels. But I remembered very quickly why I like airbrushing with acrylics instead, donít stink as much.

But for this project I wanted a totally different shade of German Yellow, and Humbrol 94 just looked the part. Since I mostly use the same technique in all my models, with some minor changes, I think I can skip this part.

I hope you guys like it.

Cheers
Andy
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 03:00 PM
Picture Trumpeter M-198 (early version)
This is my current Work in Progress. This was the first model I took pictures during the whole process and kept track of how long I worked.
Mongrel_6 23 08-16-2011 11:26 AM
Picture Babylon 5 Star Fury
After spending hours and hours on different, very difficult projects, I decided to do one of my "low hanging fruit" kits. Despite being an "easy" model, it still had to have a lot of gap filling.
Mongrel_6 14 08-20-2011 05:45 PM
Picture IJA Type 3, Chi-Nu
Balzac 13 08-30-2011 10:00 AM
Picture My models
All in 1/72 with a few exceptions.
darrengreenwood 27 09-26-2011 03:21 PM
Picture Dicker Max by RJ
This is 1:35 model by Trumpeter, straight from the box with no additional parts. I painted it with acrylics from Tamiya and weathered with pastels. I also dry-brushed the edges. I used black wash for cracks.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:01 AM
Picture Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. F by RJ
Dragon kit with some scratch build accessories. Painted with acrylic Tamiyas, black wash was added, dry brushing and pastels to weather it. Scale 1:35.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:14 AM
Picture Sherman Mk. III by RJ
Kit from Dragon in 1:35 scale, painted with acrylic Tamiya paints, weathered with pastels and oil black wash. I also dry-brushed it. In case of this model I gently brushed whole model with a bit of yellowish pastel dust to tone down the contrast between two camouflage colours. It worked very well I would say.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:29 AM
Picture M 26 Pershing by RJ
This is 1:35 kit from Chinese Trumpeter. As always I painted it with Tamiya acrylic paints. I always mix my own colours. Then I cover model with glossy coat and put decals and add black wash. Next day I dry brush it, coat it with flat transparent coat to seal decals and wash and weather it with pastels. I don't use pigments. I file pastel crayons and use the powder to mimic dust and mud. I also made out of tissue a canvas cover which is rolled and attached to the fender.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:50 AM
Add Album Add Album
Search:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Advertise with Us

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
planetArmor