Go Back   planetArmor > All Albums

Add Album Add Album
Search:
All Albums
  Album Title Owner Pictures Last Picture Reverse Sort Order
Picture Panzer 4H-Wiking
Hello all

Here is another project that I have just finished over the weekend. No I didnít start it on the weekend, I started it along with many of my other projects several months ago, but since I travel so much, I always take something with me to base build, and I finalize it once I get time at home.

It is the 4H kit from Tamiya. I used the following accessories or conversation sets.

Tamiya Panzer 4H
New Connection Update Set Resin
Friul track Ostketten
AFV T-34 Track
Alpine Waffen SS Panzer Commander
Aber late war Tool Holders
Voyager Turret Skirts
Voyager Hull Skirt

Once again I tried my skill at soldering, didnít turn out that bad, but I still need more practice.

One of the interesting things I found out during my research is that the extra tank tracks were welded on just as with the Allies, like the Shermanís and Churchillís.

This time I used Humbrol enamel paints instead of Acrylic, it has been years since I airbrushed with enamels. But I remembered very quickly why I like airbrushing with acrylics instead, donít stink as much.

But for this project I wanted a totally different shade of German Yellow, and Humbrol 94 just looked the part. Since I mostly use the same technique in all my models, with some minor changes, I think I can skip this part.

I hope you guys like it.

Cheers
Andy
Retired Vet 6 08-15-2011 03:00 PM
Picture Trumpeter M-198 (early version)
This is my current Work in Progress. This was the first model I took pictures during the whole process and kept track of how long I worked.
Mongrel_6 23 08-16-2011 11:26 AM
Picture Babylon 5 Star Fury
After spending hours and hours on different, very difficult projects, I decided to do one of my "low hanging fruit" kits. Despite being an "easy" model, it still had to have a lot of gap filling.
Mongrel_6 14 08-20-2011 05:45 PM
Picture IJA Type 3, Chi-Nu
Balzac 13 08-30-2011 10:00 AM
Picture My models
All in 1/72 with a few exceptions.
darrengreenwood 27 09-26-2011 03:21 PM
Picture Dicker Max by RJ
This is 1:35 model by Trumpeter, straight from the box with no additional parts. I painted it with acrylics from Tamiya and weathered with pastels. I also dry-brushed the edges. I used black wash for cracks.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:01 AM
Picture Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. F by RJ
Dragon kit with some scratch build accessories. Painted with acrylic Tamiyas, black wash was added, dry brushing and pastels to weather it. Scale 1:35.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:14 AM
Picture Sherman Mk. III by RJ
Kit from Dragon in 1:35 scale, painted with acrylic Tamiya paints, weathered with pastels and oil black wash. I also dry-brushed it. In case of this model I gently brushed whole model with a bit of yellowish pastel dust to tone down the contrast between two camouflage colours. It worked very well I would say.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:29 AM
Picture M 26 Pershing by RJ
This is 1:35 kit from Chinese Trumpeter. As always I painted it with Tamiya acrylic paints. I always mix my own colours. Then I cover model with glossy coat and put decals and add black wash. Next day I dry brush it, coat it with flat transparent coat to seal decals and wash and weather it with pastels. I don't use pigments. I file pastel crayons and use the powder to mimic dust and mud. I also made out of tissue a canvas cover which is rolled and attached to the fender.
Janicki 10 10-08-2011 08:50 AM
Picture Kfz 13 by RJ
Scale 1:35 set from Bronco, one of my recent production in flat grey camouflage from Septembers campaign in Poland. I am planning to put it on small diorama or vignette. I painted it with Tamiya acrylic paints and weathered with pastels. Interior seemed a bit empty so I put some "junk" there from kits or scratch-made. Black wash was used before the pastels. I also used dry brush technique.
Janicki 10 10-23-2011 09:23 AM
Add Album Add Album
Search: