Go Back   planetArmor > All Albums > Janicki's Profile

Janicki's Albums
  Album Title Pictures Last Picture
Picture Irzyk's Sherman by RJ
Model in scale 1:35 from DML kit finished in November 2011. I used same techniques as always: base coat and highlights done with Tamiya acrylics. Same paints diluted with retarder were used for dry-brushing. Weathering was finished with powdered pastel crayons and Vallejo pigment Natural Siena. I added a few parts (handles) I built from scratch from thin metal wire and also some junk on the back of the tank. It comes from various sets, some parts are scratch build like that wooden box.
10 11-19-2011 11:05 PM
Picture Camionetta AS42 Sahariana by RJ
Model in 1:35 scale from Italeri. Tamiya Acrylic paints, filters and washes, dry-brushing, pastels to imitate dust, chipping done with pencil and mix of silver and grey oil paints.
10 11-19-2011 10:55 PM
Picture Jagdpanzer IV A-0 by RJ
Dragon kit in 1:35 scale. As always I used acrylics from Tamiya, black wash, dry-brushing and pastels for weathering. Weathering is not too heavy. I believe sometimes war equipment used to look not so dirty, as rain would wash them.
10 10-23-2011 09:57 AM
Picture Staghound A/C Mk. I by RJ
Staghound in 1:35 scale from Bronco. Painted with Tamiya acrylic paints. Black wash was added after spraying the whole model with glossy transparent coat. In next step I dry brushed model and sprayed it with flat coat. Finally I applied "dust" from filed pastel crayon. I like the effect it makes.
10 10-23-2011 09:47 AM
Picture A34 Comet by RJ
Comet in camouflage from 1945 (Germany) in scale 1:35 from Bronco. I just finished this model. It was very nice build. I replaced some parts like a handles as original were rather poorly made. I used a wire 0.5 mm for it. After painting whole model with green Tamiya acrylic paint I sprayed it again with slightly lighter colour. I used black wash that I made myself and dry-brushed edges. Then I also run a pencil on some of them. Finally I used some pigment mixed with turpentine to mimic a mud on lower hull and wheels. It was the first time I used this technique and I am a bit disappointed with results. It was too pronounced, so I toned it down with a dry pastels dust.
10 10-23-2011 09:36 AM
Picture Kfz 13 by RJ
Scale 1:35 set from Bronco, one of my recent production in flat grey camouflage from Septembers campaign in Poland. I am planning to put it on small diorama or vignette. I painted it with Tamiya acrylic paints and weathered with pastels. Interior seemed a bit empty so I put some "junk" there from kits or scratch-made. Black wash was used before the pastels. I also used dry brush technique.
10 10-23-2011 09:23 AM
Picture M 26 Pershing by RJ
This is 1:35 kit from Chinese Trumpeter. As always I painted it with Tamiya acrylic paints. I always mix my own colours. Then I cover model with glossy coat and put decals and add black wash. Next day I dry brush it, coat it with flat transparent coat to seal decals and wash and weather it with pastels. I don't use pigments. I file pastel crayons and use the powder to mimic dust and mud. I also made out of tissue a canvas cover which is rolled and attached to the fender.
10 10-08-2011 08:50 AM
Picture Sherman Mk. III by RJ
Kit from Dragon in 1:35 scale, painted with acrylic Tamiya paints, weathered with pastels and oil black wash. I also dry-brushed it. In case of this model I gently brushed whole model with a bit of yellowish pastel dust to tone down the contrast between two camouflage colours. It worked very well I would say.
10 10-08-2011 08:29 AM
Picture Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. F by RJ
Dragon kit with some scratch build accessories. Painted with acrylic Tamiyas, black wash was added, dry brushing and pastels to weather it. Scale 1:35.
10 10-08-2011 08:14 AM
Picture Dicker Max by RJ
This is 1:35 model by Trumpeter, straight from the box with no additional parts. I painted it with acrylics from Tamiya and weathered with pastels. I also dry-brushed the edges. I used black wash for cracks.
10 10-08-2011 08:01 AM